Laurette A. Balinsky
While attending law school, Laurette interned with The Honorable Cynthia Mackinnon, Orange County Circuit Court Judge. She also participated in the Homelessness and Legal Advocacy Clinic assisting Central Florida’s underprivileged with a range of legal issues and by counseling clients at the Coalition for the Homeless and Women’s Residential Counseling Center. Currently, Laurette is serving as Co-Chair for the Design Team for the Thornton Park District.
Elected partner with the Firm in 2016, Laurette practices in the areas of insurance defense litigation, with a concentration on medical malpractice, premises liability, and construction defects. She also handles lien disputes for a number of contractors and suppliers, as well as commercial vehicle repair shops throughout Florida.
Second to the practice of law, Laurette’s passion is running. She has competed in marathons across the country, as well as local 5ks and half marathons. Her latest accomplishments include posting a personal best time at the 2014 Boston Marathon and winning the 2014 Space Coast Marathon in Cocoa Beach, FL (first place female overall).
- University of Central Florida, B.A. 2003
- Florida A&M University, College of Law, J.D. 2007
- The Florida Bar, admitted 2008
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Central Florida Medical Malpractice Claims Council
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent 4.8
- Florida Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2017
- Laurette A. Balinsky and Joseph S. Justice, Representing the Last Defendant Standing: Using the Plaintiff's Experts in the Defense Case, TRIAL ADVOCATE QUARTERLY, Winter 2016 (volume 35, #1)
- Construction Litigation
- Construction defects
- General Insurance Defense
- Lien Disputes
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Premises Liability Defense